Taipei, June 20 (CNA) The production value of Taiwan's integrated circuit (IC) packaging and testing sector for 2013 is expected to grow more than 9 percent from a year earlier on the back of the rising popularity of smartphones and tablet computers, according to a research report published Thursday. In the report, the Industrial Economics and Knowledge Center (IEK) said the output of the ...
Taipei, June 20 (CNA) Shares in Taiwan trended lower to end below the 7,900-point mark for the first time since April 18 on heavy institutional selling after the U.S. Federal Reserve hinted that its massive bond-buying program could be phased out later this year, dealers said. Investor confidence was further dampened by a fall ...
China will open 65 types of service businesses to Taiwanese operators, including e-commerce, the cultural and creative industry, transportation, finance, medical care, telecommunications and travel. Taiwan, on the other hand, will open 55 types of businesses to Chinese firms, including finance, medical care and travel agency services. The results might appear fruitful, but there are several ...
Taipei, June 20 (CNA) The National Immigration Agency (NIA) said Thursday that it will continue to cooperate with other countries in the fight against human trafficking, in response to an annual human trafficking report released by the U.S. Department of State that day. The NIA is currently seeking to work with more countries on combatting human trafficking, and will continue to cooperate with ...
Taipei, June 20 (CNA) Taiwan maintained its Tier 1 ranking in the latest human trafficking report published by the U.S. Department of State, the fourth year in a row that the country has been given the highest ranking. Taiwan's Tier 1 listing indicates that its "achievements in preventing and combating human trafficking have been highly recognized by the international community," ...
On the narrative level, Taken is a fairly routine action thriller about a retired CIA operative who is forced to break out his tools and flex his old skills when his virginal teenage daughter is kidnapped abroad by human traffickers. There is little to distinguish it from dozens of interchang ... ...
Bangkok, June 20 (CNA) A Taiwanese tourist who suffered several fractured ribs in a traffic accident in Cambodia that killed four and left seven others injured was being treated in a hospital in ...
A delegation headed by Straits Exchange Foundation (SEF) Chairman Lin Join-sane arrived in Shanghai on Thursday for a new round of talks with mainland negotiators.The delegation was welcomed by Cheng Deming, president of the mainland-based Association for Relations Across the Taiwan Straits (ARATS).The talks will be the first of their kind to be held since the two sides' newly-elected ...
TAIPEI, Taiwan -- President Ma Ying-jeou said yesterday that over the past four years, the ties between the ruling party and the administration have remained close-knit, and that it is his responsibility and obligation to seek re-election as chairman of the Kuomintang ...
TAIPEI, Taiwan -- Hon Hai Precision Wednesday announced yesterday a staggering NT$23,000 discount on its 60-inch LED TVs, in an obvious bid to clear the way for its 70-inch TV launched on the same ...
TAIPEI, Taiwan -- Joint media associations have met with the Legislature Speaker Wang Jin-pyng (???), criticizing the flaws in the draft bill of Media Monopolization Prevention that allows expanded administrative power over press and print ...
Reported in the press
Our nuclear programmes are completely transparent. But we are ready to show greater transparency and make clear for the whole world that the steps of the Islamic Republic of Iran are completely within international frameworks. The sanctions are unfair, the Iranian people are suffering, and our (nuclear) activities are legal. These sanctions are illegal and only benefit Israel.
Iran's president-elect was speaking after his historic election victory.
Amora Hotel Jamison Sydney
This hotel is located right in the heart of the CBD of Sydney in Jamison Street. The hotel neighbours the ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
Should tax havens be forced to lift their shroud of secrecy?
Taiwan SunTaiwan Sun – Online Taiwan News Resource
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The Taiwan Sun is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Taiwan news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Taiwan news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local Taiwan news, the weather forecast for Taiwan you'll find it all in the Taiwan Sun.
From Taipei to Quernoy, the Taiwan Sun should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
The Japan Credit Bureau (JCB), in collaboration with Hua Nan Bank, has announced that it will launch the Nua Nan Bank JCB LOVE TSCC Debit Card in Taiwan in August.
It is the first debit card that has an option to be equipped with TSCC, a contactless payment service which can be used as a fare card on trains and buses.
The debit card will also be accepted at some shops and restaurants.
In addition, the Hua Nan Bank JCB LOVE TSCC Debit Card is the first debit Precious Card, the highest status card of JCB in Taiwan, which offers exclusive services, including free airport transportation and special offers at high-end restaurants.
JCB International Co. Ltd. has been expanding business in Taiwan since 1981, and now, has an alliance with 30 partner banks and financial institutions for merchant acquiring and card issuing.
Hua Nan Bank, a partner since 2000, is the largest JCB card issuer in Taiwan.
Kimihisa Imada, Deputy President of JCBI said, "It is a great pleasure to start issuing such a unique card with top JCB card issuer, Hua Nan Bank. While expanding the JCB cardmember base worldwide, we strive to deliver various kinds of products contributing to more convenient consumer lifestyles in each market". ...
- Beetles Housefly Larvae Show Great Potential for Animal Feed Sector
- Africa Must First Tackle Poverty Says Ex-Malawi President
- Over 8000 held for food crimes in China
- Study explains why appetizers matter more when youre dining out with friends
- House Republicans take aim at food stamps some Democrats including those from Nevada try to fend them off
- How European Public Broadcasters Cash Crunch Affects Hollywood
- Southeast Asia e-tailer Lazada raises $100M in funding
- LinkedIn suffers site outage due to DNS issue
- Sony Shareholders Press CEO on Proposed Hollywood Sell-Off
- Microsoft Reverses Decision to Impose Restrictions on Used Games for Xbox One
- Independent Publishing Houses in Mexico Promote Democratization of Books at Annual Fair
- Head of BH Media Group Speaks About Strength of Newspaper Industry
- Newspaper of the Newark archdiocese ceases after 60 years
- New York Times hides abortion editorial on the front page
- Digital news is finally starting to pay
- US president plans talks with Russia on reducing nuclear weapons
- Afghanistan to shun US peace talks with Taliban
- Irish public support attack on U.S. president and family
- Kim Jong-un on 'luxury yacht' in North Korea
- Eight UN aid workers among 15 dead in Somalia militant attack
- Couponers Share Saving Tips
- Life-saving catch made by daughter of ex-Yankee manager Joe Torre in Bay Ridge
- Five questions about Credit unions
- MarketWatch Options Trader In focus A volatile trading range
- National Debt Relief Points out the Negative Effects of a Low Credit Score
- Chinas manufacturing activity at nine-month low HSBC
- Puerto Rico hopes to net $100 mn from tax amnesty
- Mexican police nab one of FBIs 10 most wanted
- Urologist cleared over mans 8-month erection post-surgery
- Video Bank of Canada governor says economic confidence will grow
- Kosovo-Serbia deal makes little headway
- With optimism fading protests in Brazil place leaders on highest alert
- French EU-wariness complicates situation for President Hollande
- Pakistan pushes insurgence talks
- It’s a crime against women
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Taiwan Sun headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Taiwans IC packaging testing output forecast to grow over 9
- Local bourse ends below 7900 points on Fed Chinas PMI
- Economic Daily News Concerns over cross-strait service trade pact
- NIA to continue global cooperation on human trafficking
- Taiwan gets 4th Tier 1 ranking in U.S. human trafficking report